If you’ve been wanting to do something about the climate emergency and ecological crisis, now’s your chance to make a difference. Please come and join in, meet new people, learn new things and get inspired!! There’s something for everyone. For most roles you are looking at about 3 hours a week.
– Create relationships with the council
– Help Essex county council to declare a climate emergency
– Wellbeing and regenerative culture support
– Please help us create an amazing team to help support us all
– Making beautiful art for our events and much more
– We also have a facebook arts group
– Do you have some technical skills which you think we could use?
– Please let us know so we can become a more efficient team
– Support with social media, press liaison, newsletters and mailings
– We have online only roles if that suits you
– Organising talks and training for rebels
– Growing our numbers through reaching out to the communities
– Forming links with other local community groups
– help setting up new affinity groups
– support existing affinity groups
– Do you have experience in finance or fundraising and able to help us?
– Please let us know so we can have resources to grow the team
Affinity groups are action groups of about 8 to 12 members who meet weekly/fortnightly (tends to be one evening) and arrange non-violent direct actions (NVDA) locally. You can join an affinity group at the end of one of our NVDA training sessions or join an existing one if they have spaces. There are plenty of non-arrestable roles, so please do not let that put you off coming to the training. Please keep an eye on the newsletter and social media for our next NVDA training. If you have any specific questions about the training please contact email@example.com
If you have already had NVDA training which was not run by XR CHelmsofrd and would like to join one of our local affinity groups please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A lot of the existing active members are a part of both a working group and in an affinity group.